Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hints of Fall

I wandered through Cooper Mountain Nature Park last week looking for inspiration. For the most part, the pretty spring and summer flowers are finished blooming and the grasses and leaves are brown and brittle due to lack of rain. Fall is definitely in the air. I love the colors that will come in a few weeks with the changing season, but this in-between time is not very inspiring. The golden, early morning light however, illuminated this almost hidden treasure tucked into the oak leaves. I doubt I would have even noticed it if not for the way it was lit. I must make an effort to look for the light more often....

1 comment:

  1. Love this! It's amazing how something as gross as a home for developing wasp larva could be so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete