Saturday, October 27, 2012

Dancing Roses and Angel Rose


Last week when I was taking pictures at the rose garden, I enjoyed looking at the textures and shapes that the dying flowers created. These two pictures are some of my favorites. I am not usually a very imaginative observer, but I could easily see the angel in the first one and the two holding hands and dancing in the second. I knew that I would mostly desaturate these, but my final idea came while blog hopping this morning. I visited a new site called The Play Date Cafe. They run a weekly challenge with a color theme, but little else to constrain creativity. I loved the color choices for this week and knew they would work well for the rose pictures that I hoped to create. So this is my entry for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge! Pop on over to their site to see all the other so very creative entries!

6 comments:

  1. These are really beautiful Carol, especially considering they are dying! What an eye you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is an amazing take on the color story this week! I'm so glad you found The Play Date Cafe and could join us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great! Thanks for playing with us at the PDCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your picture is truly beautiful. What a creative way to play with our challenge this week! Thank you for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those photos are amazing, and I love, love the desaturation. I'm not sure if you used a mask, but the edging of the left side of the border is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe! Glad you found us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty photos! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete