Monday, October 15, 2012

Great, Great Grandpa Was a Jailbird

Last month I had the privilege of meeting a historian from the McCleary Museum in Washington. This is an area where many of my paternal relatives lived, worked and died in the late 1800's and early 1900's. The man who met with me, Charles, was a fountain of information about my ancestors. He has spend hours and hours in local libraries, pouring over old copies of newspapers from a long time ago. He makes copies and files away stories that are relevant to current and former residents of the McCleary area. He had a rather thick file folder full of pictures and articles to show me.
The story of my great, great grandpa and his brush with the law was one I had never heard before. The newspaper article is a copy of a copy of a copy, so I typed out the story for my scrapbook layout. I think these kinds of details are especially interesting when learning about my history...

No comments:

Post a Comment