Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mushroom Fun

I am fascinated by mushrooms! They come in so many colors, shapes and sizes and textures. I also like the fact that the more you watch for them, the more you see. It is like a treasure hunt on the forest floor. I began noticing mushrooms while hiking with my husband. When I get tired while on one of our adventures, I find something to stop and take a picture of! One day, I was having trouble finding something to use as an excuse to stop, when I started seeing all kinds of different fungi poking up. The more I looked, the more I found! I think my husband began to wonder if we would ever finish that hike! Since then, I have made a point to look for new and interesting varieties. I also learned that they pop out of the ground like crazy in the fall right after the rains begin. I now have a pretty large collection of pictures. My dad knows about my obsession, so when the ones above appeared in his yard last week, he called me to come and bring my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment