Thursday, November 8, 2012

My 5 on Friday

One of my current projects has been to finally organize and keyword my thousands of photos on my hard drive. I am using Lightroom and find the process enjoyable as long as I spend a limited amount of time each session working on it. I have loved looking back through pictures taken several years ago and remembering how much I enjoyed each month. When I wanted to participate in Kim Klassen's 5 on Friday, I knew just the plan for me! I would choose my favorite five photos that I found in my archives during the previous week and make a quick scrapbook layout of them. The hard part, of course was limiting myself to just five!
These pictures are from 2006 when our oldest granddaughter was turning one year old. She lived on the other side of the continent from us at the time, so I remember how much I treasured the pictures during the times when we didn't see her very often. She has since moved within a few miles of our house and I am fortunate to see her several times each week, but the memories of these early days, is still very special.
You can see other versions of 5 on Friday by clicking on this banner:

11 comments:

  1. What a fantastic project, I should really do this...so many photos! Love how you've displayed them and she is such a cutie. Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! How great that she lives so close now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable photos, and a very worthy project. I've been trying to organize my photos, as well - what a chore! It's great your granddaughter lives nearby. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collage - your granddaughter is a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really great idea and I love your layout the black and white is just right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie. I know when we have grandchildren I definitely won't be able to live too far away. I want to be the grandma that I never had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. soooo precious.... what a great way to appreciate past photos..... LOVE.... xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so adorable! Thanks so much for sharing...how lucky you are that she lives so close to you now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's adorable - such beautiful eyes! A great idea for Five Facts on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your layout, Carol! We must be in the same Lightroom class together. I'm just watching the videos for now, and will need to actually attempt some of the things we're learning in the lessons. I have no idea how I'll ever remember them all! Yikes! Great 5 on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful collage, lovely photos,
    such a sweet little girl !
    Nice weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete